The Komax design concept is based on two overlapping rhomboids which represent cutters used in wire manufacturing. These predefined shapes can be scaled individually and overlaid creatively as appropriate. Do not rotate or otherwise manipulate them.
The white areas are the result of the rhomboids overlapping and are not a creative design element in their own right.
- SizeScale the rhomboid picture shape to allow it to bleed off on at least three sides of the design item.
- Visible edges A maximum of two of the edges of the picture shape will therefore remain within the design.
- Visible cornersNo more than one of the corners may be visible in the final page design, preferably the right or left one.
When using the rhomboids for purely decorative purposes, both shapes can be cut from the same side and inserted into the format. The rhomboids can be scaled to any size, but must always overlap. By multiplying the two rhomboids, a darker triangle is created where the rhomboids overlap.
The dark gray shape must be placed on the right-hand side of the page when it contains text. Empty creative elements can also be left-aligned.
- SizeThe rhomboid text shape should be considerably smaller than the picture shape.
- Visible edgesA maximum of two of the edges of the text shape should be visible within the design.
- Visible cornerOne of the corners of the text shape should remain visible, preferably the right or left one. Designs without a visible corner are acceptable in extreme formats.
- Multiplied overlapThe two shapes must overlap, and the text shape is set up with the effect called ‘Multiply’.
Designs without a visible corner are acceptable in extreme formats.
The two shapes must overlap, and the text shape is set up with the effect called ‘Multiply’.
Do not insert a white shape into the composition; the white area is the result of the rhomboid shapes overlapping.
The two shapes must overlap.
Make sure that you only show two edges of each of the shapes and only one corner of the text shape.
The picture shape must be scaled so that only one corner is visible, and it must be considerably larger than the text shape.
Do not change the proportions of the picture shape.
Only one text shape may be applied at one time; it may not be recolored.
The text shape must be fitted with a multiply effect; it may not appear in solid format.
Do not replace the multiply effect of the text shape with transparency.