History
40 years cutting edge

History



Komax was founded in 1975. Over the years, it has grown from a three-man company to a group of approx. 1350 employees, acting worldwide. A milestone in its history was the world’s first microprocessor driven crimping machine, which was introduced into the market in 1981.

1975
Formation of Komax

1976
Launch of the first cutting and stripping machine with stepping motor drive

1978
Komax converts from sole proprietorship to limited company

1981
Komax USA established

1982
The launch of the world's first electronically controlled fully automatic crimping machine

1991 – 1995
Targeted expansion outside Switzerland and establishment of branches in countries such as Portugal, Germany, Singapore and Brazil

1994
Market launch of the Komax Alpha automatic crimping machine

1996
Management buyout

1997
Going public: Komax AG is listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange

1999
Launch of the world's first fully automatic crimping machine with twister

1998 – 2001
A number of companies acquired

2004
Introduction of the zeta range for the production of entire wire harnesses

2005
Takeover of Sigma and Ismeca Automation

2006
Commencement of production and development in China, subsidiary in Malaysia

2012
Acquisition of the TSK Group and MCM Cosmic

2013
Partnership with SLE quality engineering